- This Program runs throughout the school year. Starts September 5th, 2017
3:45 – 5:15pm
$195 / month (this includes $45 monthly materials fee; all art materials will be provided. We use only fine quality materials)
This specialized program taught by Master Artist, Karen Paul, will offer students the very best in quality instruction, professional art materials and engaging curriculum in a fun filled environment.
In this year’s program, students will work on creating larger format paintings in acrylic, oil and watercolor. In addition, students will learn drawing techniques that will develop accuracy and skill. We will work on a variety of themes, drawing our inspiration from natural sciences, studying Bay Area and historical Artists Techniques and kid -friendly subject matter. Students will learn skills as well as developing artistic expression using Classical teaching with a fun, modern twist.
Skills taught this year will include:
- Drawing and composition
- Color theory and color mixing
- Light and shadow
- Painting techniques
- Brush skills
- Development of creative expression and problem solving
- A positive frame of mind as we learn and create together!
A sampling of this year’s curriculum includes:
- Study of Monet’s series of Waterlily paintings. – Students will create paintings based on this exquisite Collection and interpret in their own style learning the techniques
- African Safari Animals – Students will create large format painting learning a variety of brushstrokes and methods to create texture in Acrylic. They will choose from a wide variety of beautiful inspiring photo reference to create a masterpiece of their choosing.
- Watercolor Illustrations of Geods, Crystals and Semi Precious Stones.
- Aquatic Life- Painting and Drawing studies of Sea Turtles,Narwhals,Jelly fish and found objects from the sea;shells and starfish.(Wherever possible natural specimens will be provided in class)
Space is limited,to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org